Monday, December 2

10 Things I'm Thankful For

The video is a bit retarded, but it gets the point across.

I've read a couple of times now that people who are happier, tend to be satisfied and appreciate with what they have where as unhappy people are always looking for the panacea that will solve all their problems; a boyfriend, a car, more money etc

Either way there have been a few experiments that show that people who express their appreciation experience numerous benefits (see links at the bottom). One way this can be put into practice is to simply list down 10 things which you are grateful for. They don't have to be major things, just whatever comes into your head. Here's my list reflecting my appreciation and thankfulness, in no particular order:

  1. My loving and sexy girlfriend whom I can spend all day with and not get bored. 
  2. A functional umbrella that kept me dry!
  3. Receiving an Christmas email from my 8 year old brother.
  4. Living in a city with great food like Wild Honey or Coastal Settlement!
  5. My grandma's maid for the delicious fried rice she makes every week day.
  6. A secure roof over my head.
  7. A gaming laptop so I can play the latest and greatest!
  8. Finding a welcoming and friendly community in Brazilian Ju Jitsu.
  9. Being taller than 90% of people in Singapore, lol.
  10. Working with my boss David, who has really empowered me and treated me as full time staff.

Who and what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment